9.25.2011

Yeolbong 찜닭

The other thing I experienced in Seoul was Korean gastronomic. Besides the street foods, one particular Korean food that becomes my favorite is 찜닭 (jjimdak) or chicken stew. It looks a little bit like Indonesia's own Semur but jjimdak is spicy and they have noodles in it. One of the restaurants in Seoul who serves jjimdak is Yeolbong (열봉) which is owned by Korean celebrity, Se7en. There are four running Yeolbong in Seoul; Gasan, Gangnam, Garosugil and the newly opened store in Hongdae. I went to their Hongdae store as I was roaming through the neighborhood.


The main reason why I chose Yeolbong is because one of the YG dancers work there hahaha /lame. I did not meet him though, but maaan, the food paid off! As my friends and I could not take spicy food very well, we ordered the traditional jjimdak as Se7en's specialty jjimdak was even spicier. It was well-cooked with the spiciness level I can stand. Not to mention it came in a huge portion.

The traditional jjimdak that we ordered was the small one. We didn't order rice because we fear we might not finish the chicken if we ate it with rice hahaha. But Koreans like to eat jjimdak with rice so it's totally okay if you want to. All in all, again, it's a nice restaurant with a very good deal, plus the service was quick even though the restaurant was jam-packed when I went there.

another popular restaurant among Korean celebrities

'posing' with le CEO of Yeolbong


Seriously, I come to liking every restaurant in Seoul I have ever been into. They keep giving us free cold water /sobs. Restaurant owners in Jakarta should learn from this.

No comments: