9.21.2011

Dakeya

Last August, I spent eight days in Seoul for a student conference and a little bit of sightseeing. My friend, Idya, also came and we decided to dine in one of the Japanese restaurants there. It is called Dakeya/Izakaya, located in the neighborhood of Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu. I also had no idea about Dakeya at first. Turns out, it is very popular among Korean celebrities because the walls are covered up in messages from every celebs who has been there.


Dakeya is relatively small restaurant, but that is what I like. You get the homey feeling once you step in. The waiter/waitress are really nice. Every night, me, Idya and my other friend, Agis, went there just to have a beer or late bites. Because of that, the waiter and the waitress remembered us hahaha. I feel like welcomed every time I dined there. Besides the nice atmosphere, the meals are reaaaaaaaally good! We had jjampong ramen, kimchi fried rice and rice bowl mixed with beef (I forgot the name) and I always had Cass (Korean beer) for drink. One thing to add to the surprise, they offered us free cold water and you can ask for countless refill. That is something we don't have in Jakarta! The price of the meals and drinks are not very expensive, too. I mean, since Seoul's cost of living is higher than Jakarta, how can I come to a restaurant every night in Seoul for eight days and still survive until I come back to my hometown? Hahaha.

Kimchi Fried Rice
Rice Bowl Mixed with Beef
Jjampong Ramen, my favorite!

Overall, it is a really nice place with good food and good price.

ps: The owner is extremely super super super duper nice! When I first ordered Jjampong Ramen, I couldn't stand the spiciness of the food and he seemed to notice that. The second time I ordered and ate it, I didn't know why, it wasn't as spicy as the first. So thank you, Sumin-sshi ^^

2 comments:

Nurul Putri Nadika said...

I wanna see Taeyeon's autograph!!! me want taeyeon!!!

Ajeng said...

yah gada nur hahaha. soalnya mereka ditempel dideket kusen gitu difoto kelima